Wednesday, October 18, 2017

1John 4: 7-8

SEPTEMBER 2017
On a busy Sunday morning the Lord spoke:

Beloved, Let us Love one another, for love is from God and anyone who loveth is born of God and knoweth God.  He that loveth not, knoweth not God for God is love.  1John 4: 7-8

I read it several times, wondering what message the Lord wanted me to hear.  My mind who had heard a million sermons kept saying, "let us love one another".  I had been struggling to love again, forgiveness 70X7.  Loving is much the same, over and over renewed love through the power of God.

I got to church and the sermon text was 1 John 4:7-21.  Again I listened, but heard much the same message.  LOVE.  I knew this wasn't the revelation, but a confirmation that I should listen and pray asking for understanding.

Yesterday I heard... BELOVED...ahhh beloved.  The one whom is dearly love, dearly wanted, dearly needed for their being, not their works, or their mind or their body...Just BELOVED!

Yes, I have been saying for weeks, that I am struggling in this unloved place.  That walking around and living while being unloved is a deep struggle.  It's broken my spirit and cut me so deep I feel I must sit still quietly for fear of moving and bleeding out.  Unloved.  This is something I know and understand.  Despised I also understand.  Hated for who I am and what I am.  This I am familiar with.

And yet, my Father God, starts with BELOVED...he's not asking me to serve more or do more.  He is simply calling to me and He says BELOVED.  I can't really wrap my head around it.

I am my BELOVED'S and He is mine, his banner over me is love.  I have no point of reference for this type of love.  I have not experienced it.  This perfect and deep love that casts away fear.  I have lived a lifetime of fear, a lifetime of sadness, lifetime.  Even as a child my stomach would churn and be painful at night...fear.  So much uncertainty.  BELOVED  I have no idea how to make this fit.  Lord, teach me how to be your BELOVED.  I really need this, the protection of a beloved, the joy of being beloved, the belonging of being beloved.

No comments:

Post a Comment