Wednesday, July 2, 2014

And then...

I smelled it coming, a season of discontent,

though summers gentle breathe lay gently on my neck.

I felt it coming closer, fall was everywhere. 

Hopes and dreams were dying out to make room for new cares.

I saw the season changing and knew there was no turning back 

It's time for something new, it said, be aware it's something new.

For a time I lay in winter's grasp, and tried to find my way.

Then signs of spring came gently and I wondered, is it time?


And then the season changed,

after what seemed a lifetime of standing still,

and just like that it was over, this season of gripping pain.

I don't know what it is.. but something here has changed.

It went with no fanfare, no overwrought goodbye

I greeted all this change with a skeptical, dry eye.


Hello new season, I'm really not sure why you've come.

Lord give me love for each new face and joy for each new sorrow.

Let your voice be loud and clear, I don't want to miss one thing. 

Give my heart courage to believe beyond what I can see.

Lord grow in me a love for you, that draws us into grace.




No comments:

Post a Comment